Tuesday, December 27, 2011

After 11 Tools: Reflections

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

I have to say that one of my favorite tools is Skype.  I have only done it once in my classroom, but I am very excited to do some more Skyping!  I would love to do something with authors as I mentioned before, but also with other first grade classrooms around the country.  I think if we have the opportunity to have genuine learning experiences, we are silly not to take the chance to have that with our children.

2. How have you transfomed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?

I'm not going to lie. At first, I was EXTREMELY nervous about these small children and the technology devices they were about to handle.  I was scared that they would break something, or drop something, or have no clue at all what to do with it.  Ahhhh...I can breathe now!  These kids can handle it. I can handle it.  I needed to build my confidence so these kids could be the 21st century learners that they were born to be.  I am open to any piece of technology that may make it's way into my classroom! I know that it is the best for my students' learning, and my job is to give them the best!

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

Everything was a surprise! I can't believe I actually created a blog. The hardest thing was to get it up and running.  I was so confused.  Creating this blog was so fun for me, I think I might start a personal blog! It's so easy once you get the hang of it.  I am officially a BLOGGER!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It reminds me of when I was learning to ride a bike. After you get the hang of it, blogging is really so simple! Glad you have plans to continue blogging!

    Yes, the kids CAN handle it! They always amaze us, don't they! High expectations! ;-)

    ReplyDelete