Monday, December 26, 2011

Tool #6: Using Web Tools to Promote Discussion in and Out of the CLassroom

I have accounts on:
Facebook: Molly Hansen
Skype: Molly.Hansen
Twitter: @MollyEHansen
GoogleDocs: SBISD login/Gmail login

I have used Skype in my classroom, and the kids LOVE it!  I Skyped my sweet boyfriend, Clay, who just so happens to be a Veteran.  He fought in the war from 2003-2007.  We Skyped him on Veteran's Day to tell him thank you, and ask him questions.  My first graders were amazed!  One of them even said, "Oh my gosh! I just talked to a real, live veteran!" That is something they will never forget.  I am wanting to Skype with my best friend Traci who just became a police officer in Cedar Park, when we talk about community helpers.  That should be fun! 

I can use GoogleDocs to share documents and information with my students as well as my team.  It is a simple way to communicate as well as collaborate with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment