Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tool #10 Underneath it All - Digital Citizenship

I loved being reminded of these rules because they are easily forgotten.  

3 things that make a good digital citizen:
-Keep your password to yourself!  Don't tell anyone!
-One of my favorite rules to live by- Golden Rule of "Do unto others as you would have them do to you."
-Be careful what you put online- once you write/send something, it is online forever. Make good choices!

One of the resources mentioned above or on the Ed Tech website that I plan to use instructionally is Brain Pop. I have mentioned before how much I love Brianpop.  It is a great way to implement technology, and the kiddos love it too!

Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students.
The Brainpop on Digital Citizenship is awesome! It covers many different aspects of the internet- cyberbullying, blogging, social networking, email, IM, etc.  I think it so important to teach how serious the internet is.  Teaching this at a young age could really impact decisions made in the future.

Explain briefly how you plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with your parents.
I think it would be really neat to include tips for parents on the topic digital citizenship in the weekly newsletter.  I think the more parents know about their children and the internet, the better.  Telling the parents what is going on with the internet and the 21st century could potentially help prevent problems before they start.

No comments:

Post a Comment